11/12/2012

Our Christmas Tree

Each year, when we get the Christmas decorations out to decorate the house, we try to make an event of it together. We have Christmas songs playing, I make homemade Sausage Rolls and we eat them straight from the oven, we have cinnamon flavoured fresh coffee, and always, some homemade eggnog. 
It's one of my favourite days of Christmas!

While I love a real tree, the look and the smell, we did buy an artificial tree a few years ago when we first had our kittens, as apparently the needles are poisonous  While I'd still love to have a real tree, I do think our artificial tree does a great job.

This year we went for a gold/brown decorated tree and mostly used decorations we already had, with the exception of the book paper ornaments and the book paper chain.







A girl can never have too many gold sparkly shoes ...




We have a star resting atop our tree.


And a selection of spiced fruit ornaments that give off an amazing smell.


The skirt round the bottom is a gold silk scarf that I was given by a friend who brought it back from Thailand for me a couple of years ago. It helps hide the ugly feet! 


The tree is draped in ribbon, a thread of gold beads and a DIY book paper chain.




The odd ornament left from our childhood.


And behind the tree in the bay window rests our candle arch.




I'm not sure there's much that makes me happier than having these tree in our bay window. I can't wait to spend Christmas morning around this tree with the ones I love.
 
Linking up with the following Christmas parties!

Megan at Honey We're Home ...


Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick ...



3 comments:

  1. Love the shoe ornament!

    Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!

      A girl can never have two many sparkly shoes!

      Delete
  2. So pretty- I love the paper garland! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete